How Can My Church Get Involved?
We have the privilege of inviting you and your church to participate in Missions Fest Seattle.
Missions Fest is an exciting development within the evangelical church throughout North America. Many churches and Christians are coming together to celebrate the progress of the gospel throughout the world, and to become more effective participants. Missions Fest began in 1983 in Vancouver, B.C., and spread throughout Canada. It is beginning to gain momentum in America.
The Benefit of Partnering Together
The purpose of Missions Fest is to help each church excel in carrying out its missions program. Whether your church has a denominational focus, interdenominational cooperation, or a mix, it is the local church that has the responsibility to bring the gospel in word and deed to the world.
Together we can help Seattle area Christians become World Christians in a way that we cannot do alone. Dozens of mission agencies, working in many regions and undertaking different types of outreach, will provide a panoramic view of missions at their exhibits and through seminars. The assemblies and youth rallies will challenge us all towards committed involvement in Christ’s great mission.
Your Church Can Participate as a Sponsoring Church
While all the Missions Fests help each other and follow similar principles, each is run independently and under the leadership of local sponsoring churches. Your church is invited to become a sponsoring church for Missions Fest Seattle (MFS). The impact brought to the Church within the greater Seattle area is dependent on participation by the local churches.
Continuing Sponsoring Church:
If your church has been a sponsor in previous conferences and would like to be once again this year, please download the Continuing Sponsoring Church Agreement 2013, fill it out, and return it to the address on the form. We appreciate your continued involvement in this important work of expanding Christ’s Kingdom.
New Sponsoring Church:
If your church would like to be a sponsoring church for the first time, please download the New Sponsoring Church Agreement, fill it out, and return it to the address on the form.
Would you like more information? Would you like someone to visit your church or one of its committees to explain this opportunity in greater detail? If so, please contact Heather at email@example.com.
Here are some of the ways that sponsoring churches can help:
* Appoint one or two representatives to MFS. These should be people who are currently involved in your church’s missions program, or who are willing to develop this area. These representatives are invited to help organize MFS, or at least act as contact persons.
* Set aside the date of MFS in your church’s calendar. Sponsoring churches commit to keep this weekend as free as possible, aside from normal church services, in order to encourage and allow their members to participate.
* Publicize MFS. A bulletin insert will be provided at no cost to sponsoring churches. The MFS representatives should be allowed to make announcements and seek assistance (e.g. on-site volunteers, billets for visiting missionaries).
* Pray regularly for MFS, and for Seattle area churches to grow as a global missions force. Designate a prayer coordinator in your church who we can put on the email prayer list.
* Contribute financially. A suggested donation amount is $1 multiplied by your average attendance with a maximum of $1000, but no amount is too small.
* Please prayerfully consider involving your people on the volunteer team.